Social Misfits: We are the forgotten
- We are the ones who find solace in online friendships more than real life ones.
- We are the ones who only know real life people by face or name.
- We are the ones who don’t get invited to celebrations and reunions.
- We are the ones rarely tagged on Facebook pictures by old classmates who decided to party with the “class”.
- We are the ones left awkward by others who laugh with all their inside jokes and shared experiences.
- We are the ones left to mourn losses by ourselves while others console each other on the same loss.
- We are the ones who don’t get a heartfelt greeting on our birthday, or on any day for that matter.
- We are the ones who don’t get “I miss you” messages, whether they be public or private.
It’s not entirely our fault, it’s just that things roll that way. All we ask is for everybody else to cut us some slack. We have feelings too. And it’s lonelier than you think.
It wouldn’t hurt to send us a message one day and just ask us to hang out at a nearby coffee shop. Or stay out for an hour or two and grab a drink somewhere.